12 days ago
This role is to provide software assurance activities required to meet the needs of a broad range of systems, including technologies such as industrial control systems, smart instrumentation, PLCs and programmable hardware.
- Ensure Software requirements are adequately flowed into the design baseline.
* Interact with Engineers to ensure that the software components within System Designs are adequately managed and Design Documentation is acceptable.
* Review the software content of Technical Specifications for equipment and systems.
* Assess the software content of tenders and provide software specialist input to vender selection panels.
* Liaise with Safety Engineers, to ensure a coherent approach to software management is applied.
* Liaise with Software Suppliers to maintain assurance of design intent, and to monitor resolution of issues that may compromise compliance with the requirements.
* Witnessing of testing at the Suppliers premises.
* Prepare acceptance evidence for Software and submit to the appropriate requirement owner for acceptance in accordance with the acceptance submissions process.
* Undertake impact assessments in support of change submissions, engineering cost trade-offs or defects, concessions and issues that may affect Software.
* Produce and compile evidence in support of the Software and Software Safety Requirements.
* Contribute to the identification and rapid closure of defects and issues emerging from testing and trials, and maintain oversight of any resulting change embodiment or concession activities.
* Articulate and present complex technical arguments clearly, logically and simply.
* Provide assurance to the Business that software related activities are being undertaken in accordance with relevant policies, plans and processes.
* Support the build, setting to work and commissioning of software related systems.
Key skills/Proven Ability
- Knowledge of Software development in a modern software engineering environment from requirements through design, implementation, testing and acceptance. (Not expected to write or manage anyone who writes software)
- understanding of current Ministry of Defence software policy.
- understanding of current International software standards including software safety.
- Proven Ability in software quality assurance, auditing and acceptance testing