£59.00 - £60.00 per hour + Ltd
2 months ago
Principal Engineer - Secondary Propulsion (Fluid Systems Engineer / Mechanical Engineer)
6 months - Barrow in Furness, Cumbria - £60 p/h Ltd
We are looking for a Principal Engineer / Fluid Systems Engineer / Mechanical Engineer to undertake a full range of fluid system design analysis, with an emphasis on those systems associated with propulsion steam plant. You will be working on the UK's next generation of nuclear submarines, based from the client site in Barrow, Cumbria.
Additional responsibilities shall include:
- Authoring system design documentation including, but not limited to, design descriptions, safety documentation, test and commissioning specifications and design verifications.
- Reviewing documentation, calculations and analyses in accordance with company processes and procedures.
- Liaising and communicating with the customer within areas of responsibility.
- Leading design and development tasks from a technical perspective within the Secondary Propulsion Group.
- Proven ability in design and development of Fluid System in Shipbuilding, Utilities or Power Generation industries preferable.
- Strong background in in Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of nuclear/defence/marine industry advantageous.
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the projects involved all candidates must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level.