Up to £52.00 per hour + Ltd negotiable
3 months ago
Principal Engineer - Secondary Propulsion (Fluid Systems Engineer / Mechanical Engineer)
12 months - Barrow in Furness, Cumbria - £52.17 p/h Ltd (negotiable)
We are looking for a number of Principal Engineers / Fluid Systems Engineers / Mechanical Engineers to undertake a full range of fluid system design analysis, with an emphasis on propulsion steam plant. You will be working on the UK's next generation of nuclear submarines, based from the client site in Barrow (Cumbria), to coordinate and execute engineering tasks, or packages of work, and to provide guidance and advice in a consistent professional manner within the discipline (taking cognisance of appropriate budget, timescale and quality standards and providing leadership where required).
- To undertake the full range of propulsion fluid system design analysis and/or support the development and production of major propulsion equipment through collaborative working with suppliers
- To author system design documentation including, but not limited to, design descriptions, safety documentation, test and commissioning specifications and design verifications.
- To author equipment technical specifications within area of responsibility
- To review documentation, calculations and analyses in accordance with Company processes and procedures.
- To liaise and communicate with client/customer within areas of responsibility
- Review supplier deliverables and design documentation
- To prepare documentation for, and present at design reviews
- To support the procurement and equipment acceptance process within areas of responsibility and represent the engineering function at supplier reviews and other events
- To formally review and check analyses and documentation in accordance with Company process
- Proven ability in design and development of Steam Plant, Machinery or Fluid Systems.
- Strong background in in Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of nuclear/defence/marine industry advantageous.
- Chartered status preferred
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the projects involved all candidates must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level.