Principal Engineer - Safety and Environmental Engineering
Principal Engineer - Safety and Environmental Engineering - Contract 6 Months - Barrow
- To undertake functional design and/or provide specialist advice and qualification of their scope of responsibility and provide evidence for acceptance and fitness for purpose
- To confirm beyond reasonable doubt by review, surveillance and audit, that those assumptions underpinning engineering data, analysis methodologies, and interpretation of results have been validated
- To produce evidence in support of qualification, legislative requirements and safety justifications and provide specialist support for associated activities
- To contribute to identification and rapid closure of issues emerging from all product lifecycle stages and to manage the resulting change embodiment activities
- To liaise with both internal and external customers as required ensuring that their requirements are adequately supported and that their needs are fully considered and incorporated where appropriate and agreed
- Safety techniques:
- Functional Hazard Assessment (FHA);
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTA);
- Event Tree Analysis (ETA);
- Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA);
- Hazard & Operability Analysis (HAZOP);
- Zonal Hazard Analysis (ZHA).
- Safety standards and guidance Knowledge:
- g. IEC61508, DO178, DEF-STAN-00-56, ARP-4761;
- Setting integrity requirements (e.g. SIL, DAL);
- Providing/ eliciting compliance evidence to standards and requirements;
- Dealing with Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) equipment;
- Dealing with Software of Unknown Pedigree (SOUP).
- Proven Ability of requirements:
- Developing Safety Functional Requirements (SFRs);
- Deriving safety requirements on systems, components and testing from safety analyses;
- Setting Availability, Reliability & Maintainability (ARM) requirements.
We seek a principal engineer who has worked in a military/defence environment/industry within the last 12 months or who is capable of obtaining security clearance (SC level minimum).