Up to £53.00 per hour
8 days ago
Principal Engineer - Product Safety (C & I)
Contract 6 Months
Location: Barrow in Furness, Cumbria
Pay rate: Negotiable
Our leading defence client is looking for a Product Safety Engineer to work at their Barrow Site. In general the following is required:-
* Implementing safety processes and plans in large complex systems (hardware & software);
* Developing safety processes;
* Developing Safety Management Plans (SMPs);
* Hazard identification and analysis;
* Qualitative and quantitative analyses;
* Functional decomposition;
* Human Factors, operability and maintenance impact on safety;
* Liaising with engineers and suppliers;
* Developing ALARP arguments;
* Developing safety cases.
* Functional Hazard Assessment (FHA);
* Fault Tree Analysis (FTA);
* Event Tree Analysis (ETA);
* Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA);
* Accident Sequence Modelling;
* Fault Schedules;
* Hazard & Operability Analysis (HAZOP);
* Zonal Hazard Analysis (ZHA).
Proven ability in using safety standards and guidance:
* E.g. IEC61508, DO178, DEF-STAN-00-56, ARP-4761;
* Setting integrity requirements (e.g. SIL, DAL);
* Providing/ eliciting compliance evidence to standards and requirements;
* Dealing with Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) equipment;
* Dealing with Software of Unknown Pedigree (SOUP).
Proven ability of requirements:
* Developing Safety Functional Requirements (SFRs);
* Deriving safety requirements on systems, components and testing from safety analyses;
* Setting Availability, Reliability & Maintainability (ARM) requirements;
* Providing/ eliciting compliance evidence to requirements;
* Accounting for time at risk for requirements.
Flexibility to transfer and operate effectively between concurrent projects such as Astute-Class / Dreadnought-Class / Nuclear Facilities/ SMITE etc.
WE SEEK A PRODUCT SAFETY ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY/DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)