Up to £60.00 per hour
8 months ago
Product Safety & Environmental Engineer (Control Damage Hazards)
Contract: 12 Months
Location: Barrow in Furness
Pay rate: £60.00 Ltd per hour
We currently have a vacancy for a Principal Safety Engineer at our site in Barrow in our growing safety case area.
The Principal Safety Engineer shall support the Whole Boat Spatial Integration Authority in delivering a suite of documents aimed at demonstrating that the risk to safety presented by each of the submarines Major Areas has been reduced so far as is reasonably practicable. These documents are referred to as the Major Area Safety Justifications and are key references towards the Whole Boat Safety Case.
The Principal Safety Engineer may also be required to prepare for, conduct and/or report on supporting spatial reviews; each involving key stakeholders (including the MoD).
You will work as part of a team and liaise with multiple engineering departments to achieve a cross functional safety argument. Your work will include hazard identification, development of requirements and hazard analysis across the bow-tie making use of multiple safety techniques. This will be presented through a number of safety case reports which you will be required to produce and maintain.
This role will provide you with opportunity to undertake safety analysis and develop safety cases for an exciting product.
- Develop and maintain spatial safety reports (referred to as the Major Area Safety Justification Reports), in support of the Whole Boat Safety Case.
- Prepare for and conduct spatial safety reviews in relation to specific areas of the boat (referred to as Major Areas).
- Issue minutes from spatial safety reviews.
- Liaise with various stakeholders (e.g. Major Area Team (MAT) Leads, Human Factors, Operability, Fire, Zonal, systems engineers) with respect to spatial safety issues.
- Review documentation pertinent to spatial safety.
- Help maintain a schedule for the delivery of spatial safety documentation.
- Record, track and (where necessary) manage voids relating to spatial safety.
- Prepare for and conduct a monthly catch-up meeting with the MoD and Whole Boat Spatial Integration Authority.
- Maintain spatial safety process documentation.
- Attend ad-hoc meetings related to spatial safety.
- Report on progress to the Control Damage Hazards (CDH) Engineering Manager and Whole Boat Spatial Integration Authority.
- Seasoned in chairing meetings
WE SEEK A PRODUCT SAFETY ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED WITHIN THE MILITARY/DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)