Up to £53.00 per hour
12 days ago
Principal Engineer - Mechanical
Barrow in Furness
Contract 12 Months
Pay Rate 53.00 Ltd per hour
To execute, evaluate, deliver and manage complex engineering and/or cross functional tasks or programmes of work recognising stakeholder and customer requirements.
To undertake functional design and/or provide specialist advice and qualification:
- To support the development of complex fluid systems in support of programme milestones
- To support integration of a maturing design into a constrained environment against a challenging build schedule.
- To produce evidence in support of qualification, legislative requirements and safety justifications and provide specialist support for associated activities.
- To contribute to identification and rapid closure of issues emerging from all product lifecycle stages and to manage the resulting change embodiment activities.
- To liaise with both internal and external customers as required ensuring that their requirements are adequately supported and that their needs are fully considered and incorporated where appropriate and agreed.
- To undertake peer reviews or checking / verification tasks as directed.
- To provide realistic programme status, identify problem areas and implement agreed recovery plans.
- Provide assurance to the Design Authority as to the adequacy and robustness of the Safety Case and supporting documentation.
- To be able to access, have a clear understanding of and apply the Quality and HS&E Management System documentation e.g. Process Instructions, Workmanship Standards, Risk Assessments etc. applicable to your particular work scope and to obey all HS&E rules and control measures.
- The successful applicant will be a professional mechanical engineer with a background in the detailed design, integration and operation of pumped systems, including the specification of technical interfaces and componentry.
- The applicant will have proven ability in generating technical documentation and performing analysis in the form of calculations and modelling.
- A background in submarine development would be advantageous
WE SEEK A PRINCIPAL MECHANICAL ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY/DEFENCE ENVRIONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)