Up to £50.00 per hour
4 months ago
Provide expertise to the business on non-metallic materials technology and polymers.
* Maintain and further develop the non-metallic database for submarine atmosphere control and reactor safety.
* Monitor, control and record the use of non-metallic materials throughout the submarine.
* Actively pursue new developments in non-metallic materials for potential use on submarines.
* Liaise internally, and with suppliers to ensure material controls are properly enforced.
* Awareness of Fire/Smoke/Toxicity and Nuclear Safety issues. To maintain non-metallic materials database.
* To update process instructions which control non-metallic materials.
* To monitor, control and record the use of non-metallic materials both throughout the submarine and across the business unit.
* To keep line manager fully informed regarding emergent non-metallic materials issues.
Location: BAE Systems - Barrow
Please be advised - Various Shifts & 7 day working arrangements may apply
Degree qualified in a materials or chemistry area or equivalent experience in industry
Minimum of 3 years post graduate relevant experience.
* Must demonstrate practical knowledge of a wide range of non-metallic materials.
* Awareness of design requirements and potential environmental degradation mechanisms for non-metallic materials.
* Knowledge of Health/Safety and Fire/Smoke issues surrounding use of materials in a confined space
Additional Agency Information
Pay Rate £50.00 LTD