5 months ago
Position: Principal Engineer-Information Assurance
Duration: 12 Months
Provide IA guidance, advice and policy as an integrated member of a multi-disciplinary engineering team.
* Accept ownership of, and responsibility for, all aspects of IA within a specified area of responsibility
* Provide IA guidance and support to design activities through the provision of general consultancy to the Engineering and Supply Chain disciplines.
* Provide IA guidance and support to Suppliers through the provision of general consultancy as required.
* Present at reviews, working groups and other meetings in support of IA work.
* Review IA deliverables from suppliers and provide constructive feedback.
* Conduct HMG-approved Risk Calculations and establish relevant, pragmatic and cost-effective mitigation actions.
* Produce IA documentation, to include full Risk Management and Accreditation Document Sets (RMADS) as necessary.
* Produce regular progress reports.
* Remain current on relevant HMG and CESG security policy and guidance
* Certified Professional (CPP) Practitioner level or higher preferred
* A sound knowledge of HMG policies, to include: JSP440, SPF, CESG IA Portfolio
* Excellent presentation and communication skills
* The ability to write accurately, concisely and logically
* The ability to influence others in a challenging environment
* Recent experience in the conduct of Product IA work against a JSP440 and SPF requirement.
* Recent experience of the production of RMADS against a JSP440 requirement.
* Recent experience of the production of IS1 calculations and the corresponding mitigations.
* Direct responsibility for the accreditation of at least one HMG project in the last five years.
* Five years' experience of Information Assurance work in the Government Sector (Defence, Police, Home Office, Health) Preference will be given to work in the Defence Sector