Up to £53.00 per hour
7 months ago
Morson are currently working in partnership with a top defence company and currently have a requirement for a Principal Engineer - Electrical (C&I) to work on site in Barrow-In-Furness. Full details below.
As a Principal Engineer - C&I, you will aid with functional, spatial and software design design of Platform Management System which is the hub of Controlling the platform.
It will be a software biased role with a view to reviewing internal Functional Design Specifications and reviewing supplier deliverables.
- To obtain confirmation beyond reasonable doubt by review, surveillance and audit that those assumptions, underpinning engineering data, analysis methodologies, and interpretation of results have been validated.
- To produce evidence in support of qualification, legislative requirements and safety justifications and provide specialist support for associated activities.
- To contribute to identification and rapid closure of issues emerging from all product lifecycle stages and to manage the resulting change embodiment activities.
- To liaise with both internal and external customers as required ensuring that their requirements are adequately supported and that their needs are fully considered and incorporated where appropriate and agreed.
- To provide realistic programme status, identify problem areas and implement agreed recovery plans.
- To define the qualification obligations for the assurance hold points during build, test and commissioning.
- Provide support for assurance that the design is adequate i.e. it is robust, in providing supporting documentation for the safety case.
- To be able to access, have a clear understanding of and apply the Quality and HS&E Management System documentation e.g. Process Instructions, Workmanship Standards, Risk Assessments etc. applicable to your particular work scope and to obey all HS&E rules and control measures.
BEng (Hons) / MEng or equivalent in relevant field
A knowledge of distributed control systems, instrumentation and engineering design
Demonstrable leadership and communication skills.
Relevant sector experience in comparable industry
What we're looking for in you:
We are looking for you to be technically minded, but confident to communicate both with internal engineering teams, and suppliers. You should have a detail-driven, methodical approach to your work, and capability to mentor those around you.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.