Up to £51.52 per hour
3 months ago
Principal Engineer - Electrical (Power)
Location: Barrow-In-Furness, Duration: 12 Months, Pay Rate: 51.52 per hour (Ltd)
A vacancy exists for a Principal Engineer - Electrical (Power) within a submarines division of a multinational defence, security, and aerospace company. The role holder will provide support in the generation of electrical design solutions to agreed time, cost and quality to meet project or business milestones.
- Undertaking discrete activities to support; feasibility studies, research, design, development and post design services to meet requirements.
- Contributing to the drafting, vetting and editing of technical reports or other documents to ensure that technical findings can be successfully communicated to stakeholders.
- Preparing design calculations to demonstrate designs meet performance requirements.
- Undertaking technical development studies to verify compliance with design requirements.
- Writing of technical reports and technical specifications.
Skills Summary / Proven ability
- Knowledge of electrical generation, distribution, and protection.
- Performing complex analyses (calculations
- Knowledge of Energy Storage.
A background in a relevant industry i.e. Maritime, Defence, Nuclear, Aviation, Construction, Automotive or similar would be advantageous.
Additional Security Information
Due to the sensitive nature of the product, all applicants must have worked within the Defence industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining a UK MOD Security Clearance (SC level minimum).