Up to £53.00 per hour
0161 707 1516
2 months ago
Morson International have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Principal Electrical Power Engineer to join BAE Systems on an initial 6-month contract at their base in Barrow. Working on Electrical within the Electrical Power Team to support of their submarine programmes, this role would be ideally suited to someone with prior experience leading Naval Defence projects. Prior experience in the design and operation of submarine electrical power systems will be a distinct advantage when being considered for this role.
Please see below for details:
Pay Rate: £53 per Hour Umbrella / £47.24 PAYE
Duration: 6 Months
The Dreadnought Power team sit firmly within the Stage 1 design organisation developing, integrating, analysing, reviewing and assuring the various systems required to support the operation of the Dreadnought Class Nuclear Submarines.
Generally work can be considered in 4 primary work streams with contingent labour leaning into one of these whilst supporting the other teams with their experience and expertise.
* LV distribution including but not limited to 115V, 24V, 230v Distribution across primary, secondary and emergency systems.
* HV and switchboards including but not limited to 440V, Main Battery, Switchboards and Load Centres.
* Propulsion (Power) including but not limited to Turbo and Diesel Generators, Variable Speed Drives and Synchronising
* Power Systems Analysis including but not limited to Power Systems Modelling, Data Analysis and the complexities therein.
* Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or equivalent experience
* Prior maritime experience OR a background in Defence, Nuclear, Aviation, Construction, Automotive or similar
* A general understanding of electrical generation, electrical distribution and electrical protection
* Experience in performing complex calculations
* Marine power systems or heavy industrial power systems design experience are essential
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: We seek a Principal Engineer who has ideally worked in a Defence or Nuclear environment in the UK within the last 12 months.