Up to £51.52 per hour
11 months ago
Morson International have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical Engineer to join a leading defence company on an initial 6-month contract at their base in Barrow. Working on Electrical within the Electrical Power Team to support of their submarine programmes, this role would be ideally suited to someone with prior experience leading Naval Defence projects. Prior experience in the design and operation of submarine electrical power systems will be a distinct advantage when being considered for this role.
Please see below for details:
Pay Rate: £51.52 per Hour LTD
Duration: 6 Months
* Providing support in the generation of electrical design solutions to agreed time, cost and quality to meet project or business milestones.
* Undertaking discrete activities to support feasibility studies, research, design, development and post design services to meet requirements
* Contributing to the drafting, vetting and editing of technical reports or other documents to ensure that technical findings can be successfully communicated to stakeholders
* Preparing design calculations to demonstrate designs meet performance requirements
* Undertaking technical development studies to verify compliance with design requirements
* Writing of technical reports and technical specifications
* Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or equivalent experience
* Prior maritime experience OR a background in Defence, Nuclear, Aviation, Construction, Automotive or similar
* A general understanding of electrical generation, electrical distribution and electrical protection
* Experience in performing complex calculations
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: We seek a Principal Engineer who has ideally worked in a Defence or Nuclear environment in the UK within the last 12 months, or who is capable of obtaining UK MOD Security Clearance to SC Level.