Up to £53.00 per hour
13 days ago
Principal Engineer - Electrical (C & I)
12 months - £53ph LTD
As a Principal Engineer - Control and Instrumentation, your main responsibilities will include:
* To obtain confirmation beyond reasonable doubt by review, surveillance and audit that those assumptions, underpinning engineering data, analysis methodologies, and interpretation of results have been validated.
* To produce evidence in support of qualification, legislative requirements and safety justifications and provide specialist support for associated activities.
* To contribute to identification and rapid closure of issues emerging from all product lifecycle stages and to manage the resulting change embodiment activities.
* To liaise with both internal and external customers as required ensuring that their requirements are adequately supported and that their needs are fully considered and incorporated where appropriate and agreed.
* To provide realistic programme status, identify problem areas and implement agreed recovery plans.
* To define the qualification obligations for the assurance hold points during build, test and commissioning.
* Provide support for assurance that the design is adequate i.e. it is robust, in providing supporting documentation for the safety case.
To be able to access, have a clear understanding of and apply the Quality and HS&E Management System documentation e.g. Process Instructions, Workmanship Standards, Risk Assessments etc. applicable to your particular work scope and to obey all HS&E rules and control measures.
As a Principal Engineer - Control and Instrumentation, your skills and qualifications must include:
BEng (Hons) / MEng or equivalent in relevant field
A detailed knowledge of distributed control systems, instrumentation and engineering design
Demonstrable leadership and communication skills.
Relevant sector experience in comparable industry