Up to £53.00 per hour
8 days ago
As a Principal Engineer - C&I, you will aid with functional, spatial and software design design of Platform Management System which is the hub of Controlling the platform.
It will be a software biased role with a view to reviewing internal Functional Design Specifications and reviewing supplier deliverables.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- To obtain confirmation beyond reasonable doubt by review, surveillance and audit that those assumptions, underpinning engineering data, analysis methodologies, and interpretation of results have been validated.
- To produce evidence in support of qualification, legislative requirements and safety justifications and provide specialist support for associated activities.
- To contribute to identification and rapid closure of issues emerging from all product lifecycle stages and to manage the resulting change embodiment activities.
- To liaise with both internal and external customers as required ensuring that their requirements are adequately supported and that their needs are fully considered and incorporated where appropriate and agreed.
- To provide realistic programme status, identify problem areas and implement agreed recovery plans.
- To define the qualification obligations for the assurance hold points during build, test and commissioning.
- Provide support for assurance that the design is adequate i.e. it is robust, in providing supporting documentation for the safety case.
- To be able to access, have a clear understanding of and apply the Quality and HS&E Management System documentation e.g. Process Instructions, Workmanship Standards, Risk Assessments etc. applicable to your particular work scope and to obey all HS&E rules and control measures.
BEng (Hons) / MEng or equivalent in relevant field
A knowledge of distributed control systems, instrumentation and engineering design
Demonstrable leadership and communication skills.
Relevant sector experience in comparable industry
What we're looking for in you:
We are looking for you to be technically minded, but confident to communicate both with internal engineering teams, and suppliers. You should have a detail-driven, methodical approach to your work, and capability to mentor those around you.