Up to £46.73 per hour
9 months ago
Principal Engineer (Electrical) - Frimley
Morson International have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical Engineer to join a leading defence company on an initial 12-month contract at their base in Frimley.
As a Principal Electrical Engineer, you will be working within the Equipment Integration team. You will be responsible for the acceptance and verification of functional and non-functional requirements of cabinets containing multiple pieces of equipment that deliver various functionality of the submarine combat system. You will be reviewing acceptance evidence provided by other engineering teams to certify the product itself and to demonstrate the cabinet is suitable to be integrated onto the platform.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to be involved with a variety of equipment whilst working on a complex and exciting defence programme of national importance. You will also have the chance to bring innovation to help improve the way acceptance activities are delivered on future programmes.
- Managing the requirements flow for equipment for both internal and external suppliers
- Liaising with equipment suppliers in order to perform qualification, test, and requirements management aspects of integration.
- Production of reports, technical specifications and statement of requirements documents and overseeing contractors carrying out cable harness design activities
- Supporting the technical authority in this area to provide certification for electrical safety and electrical compliance
- Supporting and reviewing EMC qualification with the potential to help develop strategies and solutions for improved EMC performance.
- Conducting acceptance activities for products submitted by internal sub‑system teams and supplier organisations which includes reviewing product level documentation, assessing this information in the context of the integrated cabinets and helping form the case for overall system compliance.
- Mentoring and assisting junior members of the team in the execution of their duties
- Degree or equivalent in Electrical discipline
- Electrical systems/equipment experience
- Familiar with electrical engineering terminology
- Knowledge of EMC/ power distribution/ cabling design
- Experience of liaising with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in techniques for progressive acceptance for EMC.
- Full engineering lifecycle experience from requirements through to delivery and acceptance
- Experience of integrating products on to defence platforms
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: We seek an Electrical Engineering Manager who has ideally worked in a Defence or Nuclear environment in the UK within the last 12 months, or who is capable of obtaining UK MOD Security Clearance to SC Level.