£41.40 - £42.40 per hour + Ltd
17 days ago
Principal Engineer Change and Configuration Control
Scotstoun, Glasgow - 6 month contract - Pay rate £42.40 p/h
We are looking to recruit a Principal Configuration Control Engineer for our client working on naval shipbuilding projects. As part of the Configuration Management team you shall support the successful integration and de-risking of Type 26's Power & Propulsion, HVAC, Auxiliary, Electrical Distribution and Platform Management Systems.
- Support the effective implementation of Configuration Management plans and policies within Marine Systems,
- Develop Systems Baseline Control Documents and ensure they capture all Configured Items for Marine Systems,
- Prepare Change Requests and lead their progression through the relevant CM processes,
- Manage the collection of cost impact data and format it ready for sentencing.
- Engage with key stakeholders across Marine Systems and ensure that the Change Management process / plans are understood and being followed,
- Produce status reports and configured baselines as required,
- Undertake appropriate Data / Documentation Management as required.
- Customer liaison with key stakeholders specifically to ensure that the Marine Systems Delivery Team complies with the relevant audit requirements and can generate the required reports and statistics.
- Liaison with the Quality Assurance organisation, to ensure that the processes described in each of the owned plans are adequately audited and the outcomes acted upon.
- Working with the Whole-ship Change and Configuration teams to make a major contribution to a strategic view for configuration management on the project, specifically to determine an evolution path (e.g. identifying and incorporating IT developments from elsewhere), potential need for/benefit of future upgrades, changes in need of the user community etc.
- Engineering configuration management plans and policies are appropriately implemented,
- Design baselines are maintained for all of the Marine Systems,
- Appropriate development and implementation of CM tools, processes and practices as articulated in the relevant Engineering Configuration Management Plans and as advised by the Type 26 Central Engineering team,
- Configured Items are documented and captured within appropriate toolsets,
- Operate the Change Process in accordance with the Type Change PI and Change Management Plan on behalf of the Marine Systems - Systems Engineering and Integration Manager,
- Assist the Marine Systems teams in collecting and processing data in a timely manner,
- Liaising with change teams across the Type 26 design and supply chain communities.
- Proven ability in change management and configuration management processes
- Proven ability in CM toolsets and CM practice,
- Configuration Management accreditation - advantageous
- Good understanding of the data generated for use by the project and the tools and techniques used to create it.
- Understanding of the IT systems and applications used to design, build and support, particularly the SDE and Windchill
- Good working knowledge in more than one phase of the LCM, with sufficient experience of the total LCM to enable a good understanding of adjacent phases and through life engineering issues
- People management skills and leadership experience in a multi- disciplined engineering environment.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to senior management levels within the business.
- Promote coherent engineering "Best for Business" standards.
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the tasks involved all candidates must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level.