Birmingham, West Midlands
£45000 - £60000 per annum + Additional benefits
8 days ago
Morson International are assisting an award-winning engineering consultancy that provides design, consulting, construction, and management services to a wide range of clients globally, in their search for a Principal Engineer to be based at their bustling Birmingham office on a permanent basis.
As Principal Engineer
* You will be able to manage and lead multi-disciplinary teams in the delivery of major infrastructure projects to time and budget
* You will provide multi-disciplinary technical support to our teams of civil engineers and manage the technical accuracy of project delivery.
* You will provide support and mentorship to senior civil engineers undertaking technical design work.
* You will act as the Contractor's Responsible Engineer (CRE) or Contractor's Engineering Manager (CEM) for a range of rail projects.
* You will front meetings, interface with fellow professional disciplines, co-ordinate and programme design and deliverables to meet deadlines, and monitor spend against budgets.
* This represents a very real opportunity to work with a leading consultancy, achieve your ambitions and develop your career alongside the best in the industry.
As Principal Civil Engineer, it is desirable that you
* be chartered with good management and design experience in heavy civil engineering projects,
* be experienced in the design of multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects,
* have experience of working with Network Rail and Railway Standards,
* have CRE and/or CEM experience on rail infrastructure projects,
* have a good working knowledge of Eurocodes and structural design software such as STAAD, MIDAS and TEDDS,
* have a good working knowledge in 3D drafting and BIM software such as Rivet and AECOsim,
* have excellent communication skills, be client facing and used to interfacing and coordinating with other fellow professionals,
* be at the forefront of innovation and sustainability,
* have excellent communication and presentation skills,
* also have the ability to coach and mentor senior engineering staff
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of an award-winning team that delivers some of the most exciting projects in the UK and globally, in an office that has over 300 staff based in the centre of Birmingham, just a few minutes' walk from the main stations.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply through the link, or call Jon McMillan on 0207 633 2040