£35.00 - £45.00 per annum
6 months ago
Principal Hardware Engineer
5 Months Contract
37 hrs P/W
In this broad electronic engineering role, you will work across a range of projects throughout various stages of the product lifecycle from initial concept development through to early life production support and on to support of existing fielded designs, all within the Land Vehicles area.
The product development responsibilities include requirement capture, schematic capture and PCB Layout (Dx Designer and Expedition - Mentor Graphics), circuit simulation (e.g LTSpice, Hyperlynx), driving the design review process and collaborating with other engineering functions and manufacturing.
You will also be responsible for devising and implementing all necessary design verification tests and supporting documentation required to allow your new designs to transition into production.
The successful Principal Hardware engineer /Hardware Engineer should have the following skills:
* Proven experience in digital circuity design including designs of boards using complex FPGAs
* Proven experience of PCB development tools and process (preferably Mentor Graphics).
* Proven experience of DFx (designing for cost, test and manufacturability)
* Proven experience in System level and sub-system integration and Debug.
* Proven Electro-Optics experience
* Proven Knowledge of Matlab and Simulink
* Design of engineering solutions taking into account all requirements such as product quality, safety, reliability and testability.
* Proven experience presenting robust engineering solutions at design and peer reviews to ensure technical accuracy of specifications, designs and reports.
* Proven experience undertaking project tasks covered by a statement of work, detailing input, processes and output together with cost/timescale constraints to ensure delivery of project objectives.
* Proven ability to complete work with minimal supervision.
- Occasional travel within the UK and abroad
WE SEEK A PRINCIPAL HARDWARE ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)