As a key member of a multi-disciplinary team working on a variety of fast paced projects for Industrial and Residential Clients, Associate Civil Engineers will apply their technical knowledge and managerial skills to deliver innovative and economic projects that meet our Clients requirements. As a leader of a team, the Associate Civil Engineer will recognise the benefit that personally reviewing and monitoring the professional development of junior staff in the team will bring to themselves, their team and the company.
Key Account Management:
- Produce and develop Key Account Plans, taking a proactive role in building strong Client relationships and networks, from which a sustainable pipeline of opportunities can be identified.
- Undertake client liaison and ensure that the project meets the client's objectives and requirements. Act as key client contact for project delivery, representing all of services on a daily basis.
- Prepare and present proposals/bids as required including estimating timescales and costs for proposed works.
- Act as Project Manager on large and medium sized/risk projects and assist with the management of teams for a particular programme of work.
- Arrange and run project commencement meetings; produce project programmes and resourcing schedules; monitor and report upon delivery against agreed timescales and budgets; identify, produce and agree variations; and manage client expectations.
- Manage billing and cash collection for all projects being delivered by your team.
Project Budget Control:
- Proactively oversee the delivery of projects being managed by Senior Engineers within your team, providing mentoring and guidance on methods of delivery to achieve time and budget targets and ways to manage risks and improve client satisfaction..
Health and Safety:
- Assist in developing and maintaining the Company's H&S First culture.
- Assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others' health, safety and security as defined in the Company Health and Safety Policy to include:
- Identifying the risks involved in work activities and undertaking such activities in a way that manages those risks
- Making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills
- Reporting potential risks identified
- Proactively encourage employees under your jurisdiction to work safely and commit to health and safety including training.
Fulfil the Clients Requirements:
- Undertake significant elements of the design personally, including but not limited to: producing design calculations, sketches, specifications, reports and risk assessments. Where necessary, undertake analysis of project elements using suitable software packages and produce computational models accordingly.
- Undertake thorough checking of technical content of work carried out by others to ensure that deliverables are correct and in accordance with all relevant standards and regulations.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in full compliance with the Company's Procedures. Participate in Quality Audits and ensure that any non-conformances are closed out within agreed timescales, and proactively adopt / disseminate best practice wherever it is identified.
- Qualified to either Degree level (preferably Grade 2:1 or above) in a relevant discipline with 10-years relevant experience.
- Chartered Member of relevant professional institution.
- Trained in PRINCE2 / APMP (or similar)
- Experience in a Design Consultancy within the UK for at least 5-years is essential, with several examples of preparing Building design for Industrial and/or Multi-storey Developments in the UK
- Be able to demonstrate that he/she has developed a career and acted as the lead designer / project manager on schemes of over £500k in capital value (circa £50k fees).
- Have knowledge of relevant Design Standards and Legislation
- Have awareness of all relevant technologies and innovations
- To be able to demonstrate that he/she has developed a career and acted as the lead designer / project manager on schemes of over £500k in capital value (circa £50k fees).
- Have a high attention to detail
- Have good organisation and prioritizing skills
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work effectively both individually and enjoy contributing to the wider team to achieve targets and objectives as required
- Demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm