Aerospace and Defence
£50.00 - £60.00 per hour
7 months ago
Principal Eng Engineer
Location: Frimley, Surrey (GU15)
Duration: 12 months
Pay rate: £60.00 P/H LTD
An aerospace and defence firm is looking to add an experienced Principal Engineer, to the communications / combat systems team in Frimley (Surrey).
The external communications principal engineer will be responsible for, or provide input to the following typical key deliverables, dependent on the role and the place the project is in the engineering lifecycle:
* Captured and agreed technical requirements in accordance with company and programme processes.
* Compliant technical solutions against contractual requirements and regulations.
* Design documentation generated, captured, configured and controlled in accordance with company processes.
* Design change requirements and documentation generated, captured, configured and controlled in accordance with company processes.
* Engineering LCM adherence for all deliverables, Sub Contract Design Reviews and relevant input to project LCM activities.
* Engineering Lifecycle Management (LCM) adherence for all deliverables, Sub Contract Design Reviews and relevant input to project LCM activities.
* Captured and agreed input to appropriate Verification Cross-Reference Index (VCRI), Integration, Test, Evaluation and Acceptance Plans (ITEAP) and Qualification Plans.
* Specialist advice and contribution to other project documentation, such as Training Needs Analysis (TNA), Technical Publications, and Operating Instructions (list is not exhaustive).
The successful Principal Engineer will have the following skills and attributes
* Knowledge of the complete engineering lifecycle with some experience of operating in a number of phases.
* Have a strong awareness of Product Safety and SHE.
* Good communication skills and be able to interact with stakeholders
Knowledge of external communications systems in Defence, Maritime, or closely linked domain and have a comprehensive understanding of their own systems and activities interact with the overall platform.
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).