Up to £53.00 per hour
4 months ago
The engineer will provide a central point of contact to facilitate and drive inter- and intra-team working across all teams delivering Vehicle Control systems. These include:
Naval Architecture, & Active Vehicle Control, & Safety, & Hydraulics, & Pressurised Air & Gas, & Propulsion, Steering & Hull Mechanics, & Structures. And to co-ordinate activities across the Vehicle Control teams to ensure clarity of: Inter-relationships, & Inputs & Assumptions, & Outputs, & Models, & Deliverables. And co-ordinate Vehicle Control deliverables that cross team boundaries, including Vehicle Control Principles of Operation.
THE PERSON WE NEED WILL HAVE
- Appropriate knowledge of the way in which the product is to be operated (Submarine controls).
- Knowledge of the techniques of Systems Engineering
- Sufficient knowledge of the range of disciplines involved in the product design to be able to identify the best design compromises.
- The ability to analyse complex problems and identify the most critical issues.
- Demonstrated ability to appreciate, think and work across discipline and functional boundaries.
- Seasoned in the management of business and technical interfaces.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A PRINCIPLE ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM).