Up to £52.17 per hour
6 months ago
Fluid Systems Engineer (Propulsion Systems)
Contract 12 Months
Location: Barrow in Furness
Pay: £52.17 Ltd per hour
To coordinate and execute engineering tasks, or packages of work, and to provide guidance and advice in a consistent professional manner within the discipline, taking cognisance of appropriate budget, timescale and quality standards, providing leadership where required.
- To undertake the full range of propulsion fluid system design analysis and/or support the development and production of major propulsion equipment through collaborative working with suppliers
- To author system design documentation including, but not limited to, design descriptions, safety documentation, test and commissioning specifications and design verifications.
- To author equipment technical specifications within area of responsibility
- To review documentation, calculations and analyses in accordance with Company processes and procedures.
- To liaise and communicate with client/customer within areas of responsibility
- Review supplier deliverables and design documentation
- To prepare documentation for, and present at design reviews
- To support the procurement and equipment acceptance process within areas of responsibility and represent the engineering function at supplier reviews and other events
- To formally review and check analyses and documentation in accordance with Company process
Proven ability in steam plant and/or machinery design and development or fluid system design would be advantageous.
Due to the sensitive nature of the product, all applicants must be capable of obtaining UK MoD security clearance to SC level.