Up to £52.17 per hour
about 1 month ago
Principal Secondary Propulsion Engineer
Contract 12 Months
Location: Barrow in Furness
Pay: £52.17 Ltd per hour
To coordinate and execute engineering tasks, or packages of work, and to provide guidance and advice in a consistent professional manner within the discipline, taking cognisance of appropriate budget, timescale and quality standards, providing leadership where required.
- To undertake the full range of propulsion fluid system design analysis and/or support the development and production of major propulsion equipment through collaborative working with suppliers
- To author system design documentation including, but not limited to, design descriptions, safety documentation, test and commissioning specifications and design verifications.
- To author equipment technical specifications within area of responsibility
- To review documentation, calculations and analyses in accordance with Company processes and procedures.
- To liaise and communicate with client/customer within areas of responsibility
- Review supplier deliverables and design documentation
- To prepare documentation for, and present at design reviews
- To support the procurement and equipment acceptance process within areas of responsibility and represent the engineering function at supplier reviews and other events
- To formally review and check analyses and documentation in accordance with Company process
Proven ability in steam plant and/or machinery design and development or fluid system design would be advantageous.
WE SEEK A PRINCIPAL SECONDARY PROPULSION ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY/DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)