Up to £53.00 per hour
5 months ago
Principal Engineer Mech or Elec to cover Nuclear Interfaces to be based on site at Barrow to act as a liaison point, primarily between BAE Systems and a partner company. Although based in Barrow travel to Derby will be necessary.
This post will play a key role in the development of the Nuclear Steam Raising Plant (NSRP) to support the Vanguard Replacement Programme and will require significant design, build and interaction.
AT THE COAL FACE TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Representing designers to ensure investment and requirements are in place with the supplier.
- Facilitating good communication between 2 company's teams.
- Liaising with customers both internal and external and suppliers to ensure there requirements and needs are considered, incorporated, and where appropriate agreed.
- Representing the company for your scope of work within the offices of the NSRP at the partner company.
- Monitoring progress against the program schedule.
- Regular reporting on activity through the Propulsion Engineering Integration Team.
- Identifying problem areas and implementing agreed recovery plans
- Accessing, having clear understanding of and applying the Quality and HS&E Management System documentation applicable to scope of work and complying to the HS&E rules and control measures.
ESSENTIAL / REQUIRED SKILLS
- Knowledge of and ability with submarine nuclear steam raising plant (NSRP).
- Excellent communication skills combined with a high level of relationship management.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A SUITABLY QUALIFIED ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)