£55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + £55 - 65 p/h (Contract)
Rail Technical Team
20 days ago
Long Term, Permanent
The successful candidate will be working on a variety of eco friendly projects. The premise of this work to hybridise existing rolling stock by adding battery package solutions to EMU Electric Multiple Units, DMU Diesel Multiple Units and tri-mode units Diesel Electric Multiple Units DEMU. Our customer are also involved in Hydrogen Fuel Cell traction which they are supplementing with out battery package solutions.
Candidates should have a high level of expertise in their respective discipline, knowledge of rolling stock is preferable but not entirely essential. Our client seeks engineers to provide solutions to cutting edge battery technology problems and any associated hybridisation knowledge would be a benefit, whether this be in other alternative industry such as automotive or R&D for example.
- Engineering qualification at degree level, or equivalent industry experience.
- Significant industry experience within an Engineering & Design Environment.
- Highly competent technical report writing.
- Produce non-drawing technical documentation and support design in the production of engineering drawings
- Identify and specify components, and provide technical support to the procurement team.
- Undertake vehicle surveys.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers.
- Minimum 10 - 20+ years' experience in a rail environment specifically with turnkey integration skills.
- Understanding of ex-BR rolling stock systems such as brakes, traction & sanding systems etc.
- Rail industry knowledge.
- Understanding of modern rail vehicles.
- Be able to mentor and guide other members of the Engineering Team.
- Expert knowledge of UK Railway Group Standards and railway related EN standards.
Both permanent and contractor positions will be considered.