Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £0.00 per annum + Negotiable
Rail Technical Team
over 1 year ago
Morson International are looking for a Principal E&P Engineer to be based in the Midlands.
You will have the responsibility for the technical and commercial delivery of projects, with a specific remit to develop the company's rail Electrification, Power (E&P) and MEP capabilities.
You will take responsibility for developing graduates and engineers in the E&P team through professional qualification with the relevant bodies and act as a mentor where necessary.
The role requires business development capability and you will act as a primary contact for developing the relationship with key clients.
Ideally you will have a track record in railway Electrification, Power and M & E design and delivery
- Receive brief from Project Manager.
- Contribute to concept design.
- Develop detailed design for Project Manager approval.
- Attend design team meetings as appropriate.
- Obtain design information from sub-consultants.
- Produce detailed design information including calculations and design sketches.
- Liaise with CAD Technician for production of drawings.
- Prepare technical reports.
- Send detailed design information to external parties.
- Formulate the project specifications for construction.
- Respond to queries resulting from the tender process.
- Attend site during construction phase if necessary to ensure construction is in accordance with specifications/drawings.
- Carry out risk assessments and provision of design information for Health and Safety file.