South West England, England
4 months ago
My client is seeking a Principal Design Engineer to play a vital role in the wider design team delivering complex nuclear and non-nuclear engineering projects.
We are looking for experienced individuals to support both new-build infrastructure projects and those relating to the development of existing assets.
You will be responsible for the provision of technical design authority support. Working alongside Plant and Project Managers you will also manage a small team of Mechanical System Design Engineers.
Primary responsibilities of the role will be to provide designs and substantiate designs for various on-site mechanical systems including refit support equipment (RSE). Much of this RSE will interface directly with the Nuclear Steam Raising Plant (NRSP) to allow maintenance or testing of reactor systems to be undertaken in a safe manner.
You will also manage and produce design documentation covering the whole design lifecycle and undertake technical analysis to substantiate engineered solutions.
What do I need to do the role?
You will preferably be qualified to a degree level with relevant experience and Chartered or hold incorporated Engineer status.
You will also need to have experience in the following areas:
* Experience in the design and substantiation of engineering systems.
* Experience in design process management.
* A sound understanding of engineering design and
* Experience of working within strict regulatory environments (safety, quality and security).
* Knowledge of operating within nuclear or other high-hazard/safety critical environments.