Up to £0.00 per annum
2 months ago
PRINCIPAL CS&A ENGINEER REQUIRED ON A CONTRACT BASIS TO JOIN OUR NUCLEAR SECTOR CLIENT IN THE BRISTOL, OR WARRINGTON AREA:
An exciting opportunity to join the Civil, Structural and Architectural (CS&A) team within the UK's leading supplier to the nuclear industry and a growing global force, who able to offer unrivalled experience and specialist knowledge across all aspects of the nuclear life cycle, from design and build, through operations and maintenance, to decommissioning, waste management and remediation.
You will form a leading role within a dynamic design team undertaking traditional, bespoke and innovative designs of reinforced concrete, steel and masonry structures for nuclear decommissioning and nuclear new build projects, as well as support to operating nuclear sites and dockyards. The projects you undertake will principally be in relation to design of structures associated with state-of-the-art mechanical handling equipment and their process and electrical systems, but can also involve stand-alone civil/structural tasks for a range of sectors, for example structural inspections and site surveys, concrete remediation works, and will be undertaken primarily for sites across UK with some projects based internationally. Due to the nature of the projects, you will design to various normal and extreme loading scenarios, including seismic design. You will provide technical leadership and expertise, and you will take on the role of Technical Lead on specific projects when required.
You will be involved in the oversight, or lead projects from initial scheme and concept design, to engineering and detailed design, overseeing construction, right through to eventual decommissioning. This is particularly unique within a consultancy environment and what makes our projects and work so rewarding.
* Delivering Nuclear design work, inspections and construction site support on projects for a range of public and private sector clients within the UK and overseas. Work encompasses the full lifecycle of a project.
* Concept and Feasibility studies for complex multi discipline design projects.
* Oversight, verification and leadership of Analysis and Design using engineering software such as Tekla Structural Designer and Robot as well as hand calculations.
* Oversight, verification and leadership for the preparation of Calculations, CDM activities, Basis of Design, Material Specifications, Scopes of Work, Technical Reports, Inter-discipline design coordination and supervision.
* Preparation of bid documentation and task estimates.
* Working with integrated multi-disciplinary teams to deliver high profile projects.
* Provide technical support to other members of the team.
* Ensure all work to be carried out with a positive attitude toward safety, both in design and in the office environment.
* Responsible for the management of project delivery.
* Assisting and mentoring team members to promote their technical and professional development.
* Degree Qualified (BEng or MEng), Civil / Structural Engineer
* Chartered or Incorporated Engineer with membership of ICE or IStructE.
* Significant experience in the design of structures in reinforced concrete and steelwork.
* Knowledge of concrete inspection and remediation methods
* It would be advantageous to have previous experience within the nuclear industry and design for seismic loading.
* Awareness and experience of using the latest design codes and standards.
* Understanding of the relevant legal and regulatory standards.