Up to £0.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
Brief Attraction Wording
Siemens Rail Automation is a multinational leader in providing state-of-the-art software-based Signalling, communication and control systems that enable the operation of trains in mainline and mass transit systems across the world.
The Principal Contract Manager will assist in producing and maintaining an effective and robust project implementation plan to ensure safe, timely and profitable implementation and commissioning in accordance with the Company's business objectives.
What are my responsibilities?
* Provide PC support and ensure compliance with the CDM regulations throughout the lifecycle of the project. This will entail the production, review, maintenance and approval of safety documentation for all sub-contractors and suppliers working on the project. (i.e. CPP, WPP, TMP, H&S Plans)
* Forecast and Report the following into appointed Construction Manager - all site based costs for the PC team, building running costs, PC change control, PC risk management and PC quality & safety management processes.
* Liaise with NR Interface Manager regarding Noise Notices/Section 61 requirements.
* Liaise with SML Construction Manager regarding specific access/land/welfare requirements.
* Liaise with the SML Track Access Manager / Possession Planner to ensure deconfliction of works within SML owned worksites.
* Work with the EHS Specialist to ensure the SRA PC induction is produced and maintained throughout the project life cycle. Also carry out PC inductions as required.
* Working with relevant individuals/organisations to resolve PC issues.
* Reviewing any ALO requirements and maintain the ALO register as required.
* Assist with management of both internal & external interfaces and build effective relationships with the Customer and Sub-Contractors.
* Be focal point on behalf of SML with all contractors for Principal Contractor matters.
* Ensure that senior management is kept informed of non-compliance, accidents, incidents or close calls via SML reporting mechanisms.
* Ensure that plant, tools and equipment being used on SML works are certificated, maintained and safe prior to accessing SML sites.
* Carry out fortnightly safety and quality audits on all sub-contractors, suppliers and operatives accessing SML sites.
* Ensure that the briefing of instructions to staff under his control or allocated to him for such purpose is carried out timely.
* Responsible for checking and certifying time sheets ensuring correct hour booking and appropriation for the PC team.
* Responsible for the timekeeping and discipline of staff under his control.
* Monitor and report budgets as allocated to him, prepare reports and input into programmes as required by the Project Manager.
* Planning day to day work of self and others and accountable for own teams utilisation and reporting.
* Attend or arrange appropriate representation at regular meetings with the customer to demonstrate compliance with CDM 2015.
* Ensure that the performance of suppliers and Sub-Contractors health and safety process is monitored by surveillance and inspection and that the contract specification and all relevant standards are implemented in totality.
* Ensure that the Plans provided by Sub-Contractors for Quality, Safety & Environment are reviewed for adequacy and that none conflict with SML activities.
* Be responsible as PC Manager for Health & Safety and Environmental management as defined in the Construction Health & Safety Plan and the Environmental Plan.
* Ensure there is adequate welfare for the project throughout the site and these are kept up to a good standard.
* Ensure where required adequate security for main and site depots.
* The PC Manager has a specific duty to ensure that contractors under their control cooperate with each other so the risks to themselves and others affected by the work are managed effectively. This includes ensuring contractors who start work at different stages of the construction phase cooperate with each other so any information and instruction relevant for a new contractor to carry out their work safely is provided to them
What do I need to qualify for this job?
* Valid PTS Competence.
* Experience and Evidence managing large scale railway infrastructure projects and the risks associated.
* Knowledge of CDM 2015 Rules and Regulations (preferably SMSTS or NEBOSH certified).
* High level of negotiation skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Experience and Evidence of managing several teams.
* Computer Literate (Excel, Powerpoint & Word).
* Knowledge of Network Rail 019 Rules and Regulations.
* Knowledge of ALO requirements and processes.
* Knowledge of High Voltage cables and procedures.
* Proactive Attitude towards Health and Safety.