Principal Commercial Officer
An opportunity has arisen for a Principal Commercial Officer to join our prestigious client BAE
Works as a member of a business or functional team to provide Commercial support on Commercial strategy deployment to meet the operational needs of the management within the defined business / functional area. Commonly reporting to a Senior Commercial Manager, the delivery of this service will typically be through the management of a small team of Commercial professionals.
As a member of the Commercial team and community within a business / function will manage the effective deployment of corporate Commercial processes. Will contribute to the delivery of the functional IBP.
- Developing and managing the commercial relationship with the customer community. Manage and resolve customer queries and issues in areas of responsibility, escalating significant problems as appropriate.
* Preparation of bids in line with the Bid Approval Process.
* Review, draft, negotiate and finalise contracts and commercial agreements and support with complex contracts
* Lead the preparation and presentation to Senior Management of LCM reviews and Request for Bid Approval process, ensuring the necessary approvals are obtained within the governance of the operational framework.
* Manage commercial contracts and the commercial elements of the LCM and Tender Vet process.within own possession.
* Understand the financial and pricing requirements of commercial contracts.
* Adopt clear understandings with suppliers of both technical and commercial issues to ensure that business arrangements minimise risk. Propose and review complex terms and conditions to ensure that BAE SYSTEMS Business interests are protected.
* Support Supply Chain in the preparation of sub-contract terms and conditions as required
* Working with the internal legal team and external legal advisors as required to ensure all contracts have the necessary legal input/governance
* High degree of customer focus developing and maintaining customer relationships both internally and externally.
* Commitment to meet deadlines and targets.
* Responsive to the needs and wants of the customer by understanding their requirements, through researched understanding, open discussion and candid clarification questions, influence where required.
* Manage the Implementation of procedures and controls within the specified area to ensure compliance with commercial policies. Provide advice on commercial policy to Line/PM and non Commercial staff making the case for the added value of these processes.
* Ability to deputise for Senior Commercial Manager and supports the development of junior members of the wider team. Typically the Post Holder would be a people manager.
* To be able to access, have a clear understanding of and apply the Quality and HS&E Management System documentation e.g. Process Instructions, Workmanship Standards, Risk Assessments etc. applicable to your particular work scope and to adhere to all quality and HS&E rules and control measures.
- Delegation of Authority - External Bids £1M
* Will have a small team - will allocate work, check on accuracy, completion and complete PDRS, resource management
* Manages own workload
- Will have a small team - will allocate work, check on accuracy, completion and complete PDRS, resource management
* Manages own workload
* Mentor and develop junior members
* Has practical and relevant comprehensive work experience
* Good and broad professional knowledge of Commercial principles, techniques and practices and understands how Commercial roles fit in organisation as a whole
* Has developed a comprehensive Commercial knowledge
* Has developed a good level of business acumen in terms of wider business
* In depth knowledge of BAE processes and procedures
* In depth understanding of Commercial streams across the relevant business unit.
* A developed knowledge of relevant business unit and how this relates to wider BAE Systems
* Knowledge of UK Defence Sector - recognise key players in market
* Knowledge of MoD procurement processes
* Understanding complex contracts and concepts - bring into consideration performance indicators, target costs, incentives etc
- Works on own imitative with responsibility for delivery
* Works as part of Commercial team
* Works with limited supervision, helps define own objectives
* Provide solutions based on previous experience
* Ensuring that the business operates within Commercial framework/processes
* The role holder ensures that tasks/services and information provided by self and others are of a good standard
* Inputs to decision within own discipline and within Programme or Project.
* Role involves regular exchange of information with internal and external customers
* Handling of awkward contacts
* Prioritising workload and communicating this to customers when required
* Work with other functional representatives and/or customers/suppliers to meet the operational needs of line management and the business
* Guide, influence and persuade customers and contractors
* Must have good communication skills together with the ability to relate challenging scenarios to customers and suppliers (both internal and external to the business)
Qualified to Degree standard or equivalent
Has practical and relevant comprehensive work experience
Recognising the restricted nature of the work there is a requirement for the candidate to be eligible to obtain Security Clearance for this role.