Up to £42 per hour
12 months ago
* To lead and undertake Engineering activities covering a broad variety of Landing Gear Systems & Equipment Engineering tasks, delivering integrated technical solutions both autonomously and by leading small multi-functional teams within the fast-moving and dynamic BCS, WSCS & WBT perimeter.
* To lead activities across the Wheel, Brake & Tyre (WBT) perimeter with a strong technical understanding of the entire Landing Gear System.
* To ensure all Engineering activities under your leadership meets the necessary Safety, Time/Cost/Quality standards and are delivered in line with commitments.
* To ensure all engineering activities are in line with cascaded ATA32 requirements and verified through the V&V plan to demonstrate compliance with applicable airworthiness regulations and design requirements.
* As a Principal ATA32 engineer within EL, demonstrated leadership and communication skills are crucial, plus commensurate engineering experience. A proven track record of delivering to time, cost and quality is essential along with experience in stakeholder management & leading project teams.
* Typically CVE signatory (or working towards achieving signatory) is expected
* Reporting functionally and operationally to the head of Group , the Engineer shall perform the following activities:
o Reactive & development programme activities including resolution of Flight Test & Rig Test issues (Snags etc.), Certification & V&V.
o Manage System/equipment related modifications from initial definition to certification.
o Lead complex activities covering all parts of the WBT development, covering both Systems and Equipment tasks, leading a project team of ATA32 Engineers and interfacing with CVEs and Landing Gear System & Equipment vendors to ensure the development of an integrated technical solution and development plan.
o Leads complex activities for WBT reporting through the Head of Group plus the Engineering Programme Manager (EPM) and Vendor Technical Managers (VTMs) within EL, along with interfacing with the Local Chief Engineering Team at the relevant technical and programme reviews.
o Ensuring adherence to budget and schedule for each task managing and mitigating risks/opportunities and communicating in a timely manner.
C. Main activities
* To define the activities required for each task under your leadership, deriving planning and resource needs.
* To operationally lead multi-disciplinary activities to deliver WBT tasks and to manage and ensure delivery in line with T,C & Q for off-site engineering work within the Engineering Enterprise.
* To agree the task priority with Head of Group, Engineering Programme Manager (EPM) & Vendor Technical Managers (VTMs).
* To ensure the delivery of the task meets the technical need, following the appropriate processes and procedures, demonstrating strong requirement adherence and V&V.
* To ensure a strong links with all stakeholders, including Vendors, Procurement, Customer Services, FAL and Flight Test as required communicating task progress and realistic commitments.
* To secure process excellence & continuous improvements.
* To mentor, coach and develop others in the team, act as a role model for ATA32 Engineers aspiring to be Senior and Principal ATA32 Engineers
o The delivery of your engineering activities to time, cost and quality ensuring right first time integrated & optimised mature solutions that meet Airworthiness, Programme & airline customer requirements.
o To ensure your tasks are run efficiently & effectively, linking strongly with the affected Vendors, Extended Enterprise and other stakeholders.
* As member of the WBT operational team:
o Contribute to maintain the team as a dynamic and exciting place to work.
o Contribute to the delivery of operational team Objectives.
o Active participation in cross-EL sharing of lessons learnt.