City of Westminster, London
£40000 - £50000 per annum + BENS
3 months ago
Powers & Consent Manager
Location: London Westminster
- Lead development and deployment of effective negotiation strategies designed to achieve successful outcomes that meet the companies and Government objectives.
- Lead effective negotiations that balance the needs of the petitioner and the cost, programme and political risks to the Government and that achieve value for money, negotiating agreements to a conclusion that will be acceptable for sign off by the Board and Government stakeholders.
- Draft and obtain Parliamentary Agent approval of undertakings, assurances, and agreements that mitigate petitioner concerns.
- Prepare and present papers seeking approval for proposed undertakings, assurances, and agreements before approvals boards as required under governance arrangements, including with Ministers and HM Treasury as appropriate.
- Identify strategic weaknesses in the project, and, where required, lead on development of and/or amendment to policies at the project level.
- Ensure any commitments made by the project in response to petition issues are approved and tracked through appropriate governance and decision-making channels.
- Ability to effectively engage and influence within the client and external senior level stakeholders and experts including Ministers, Counsel, Chief Executives, Councillors, MPs & media.
- Ability to manage and motivate self and team (including direct reports) to deliver work to deadlines
- Ability to effectively negotiate internally and externally on complex and wide-ranging issues.
- Ability to analyse information, and develop an understanding of complex issues Ability to convey complex technical information to non-technical audiences in a compelling manner to a range of internal and external audiences.
- Able to handle and manage high volumes of work to time, cost and quality requirements.
- Communication skills, e.g., compiling agreements, reports, briefings and materials for use in Select Committee.