Manchester, Greater Manchester
5 months ago
Role purpose: Commercial, technical and project control of the company's aircraft and spare Powerplant Equipment
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Management and control of an allocated aspect of the companies Powerplant activities and the development of processes and procedures to optimise performance and compliance with EASA/CAA requirements.
- Ensuring the accomplishment of any Airworthiness Directive and any other continued airworthiness requirement made mandatory for engines by EASA/CAA including operational interface of AD requirements if applicable.
- Tracking of all Shop Visit costing and advising Aircraft and Engine Assets Manager of suitable cost forecasting
- Working together with a team of engineering staff, ensure that Powerplant return off lease activity is achieved on time, within budget and meets all airworthiness requirements.
- Working with the Head of Powerplant to ensure the effective management and development of engine maintenance programmes (EMP's) where this function of airworthiness co-ordination has been delegated by the contracted airline. The provision of an engine maintenance programme approved by the NAA for each engine type operated by the company.
- Working closely with the Powerplant Administrators, ensure that Engine condition monitoring (ECM) in respect of in service engines is updated and correct so that any adverse trends are identified and responded to promptly.
- Ensuring that engine shop visit workscopes comply to EMP/Head Lease/CAA/EASA requirements and engine maintenance is optimised in every respect.
- Together with the Head of Powerplant, ensuring that modifications for engines are accomplished in accordance with an approved standard, and for establishing a policy for the embodiment of non-mandatory modifications and service information which are published by the engine manufacturers.
Skills, know-how and experience:
- Confident with strong communication, negotiation and people skills, with an ability to manage both internal and external customers and suppliers, often in difficult circumstances
- Confident decision-maker with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility with regards to working hours and responsibilities.
- Must have an understanding of commercial aircraft maintenance
- Project Management and Analysis Skills
- Good financial understanding and control.
- Line, Base and Overhaul Repair Agency Experience
- Proven relevant experience
Technical / professional qualifications:
- Licensed Engineer or Graduate Engineer