Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Power Systems Studies Engineer , Contract , Remote Working
United Kingdom - location not critical
This role will involve undertaking network/system studies for a range of transmission projects at voltages up to 400kV, using standard packages such as DIgSILENT PowerFactory, PSS/E, PSCAD/EMTDC etc. Extensive experience in using at least one of these packages is essential. Knowledge of ETAP will also be useful.
This role requires a range of network planning and system studies to support ongoing projects. Demonstrable experience of successfully completing grid connection studies to the UK grid code (or grid codes in other jurisdictions) is essential. Typical recent or ongoing projects include:
* Major 400kV network development involving extensive use of underground cables.Grid connection studies for major new water pumping station
* Steady state and transient studies for the 132kV and 400kV grid connections for a number of innovative grid stability projects and black-start facilities.
* Reactive compensation study for Irish grid
* Studies to confirm concept of private wire network to feed major pumping station from a solar pv farm.
* Phase unbalance study for major rail bulk supply point
A flexible approach and ability to work across of range of projects at the same time is an important requirement.
Required/Essential Skills & Experience
* Proven experience undertaking a range of network planning and system studies using industry standard packages at voltages up to 400kV.
* Advanced knowledge of at least one of the following packages is required, DIgSILENT PowerFactory, PSS/E, PSCAD/EMTDC or EMTP.
* Knowledge of National Grid and DNO grid connection studies requirements
* Strong team working culture
* Customer facing skills
* An ability to work flexibly across a broad range of projects
* The vision and skills to apply skills and experience to emerging technologies to meet new project requirements
Desirable Skills & Experience
Experience of design in at least one of the following areas would be advantageous:
* Automation of studies using scripting (Python or similar)
* Knowledge of ETAP
* Design of HV cable systems using CYMCAP
* Earthing system studies and design using commercially available software such as CDEGS or similar.
* HVDC system studies