Role: Multi-Skilled PDMS Layout CAD Manager / Team Leader – UK Nucelar New Build
Location: north-West Bristol, 2 minutes drive off of junction of M4/M5 motorway
Salary: Up to £48000/year
Start: Expected mid of May 2017 due to requirement to obtain security clearance, but serving of a notice period delaying this start date will be accepted for the right canddiate
An exciting opportunity exists for experienced layout CAD Designer with good multi-discipline layout experience (e.g. knowledge of 2+ of mechanical, structural steel, piping, electrical, hvac) and some previous team leader experience to work as PDMS Layout CAD Manager / Leader for our prestigious client in helping to design the next fleet of nuclear power stations in the UK.
Our client will be responsible for producing the construction drawings for the Hinkley Point ‘C’ project, including a significant volumen of plant layout, building and civil design and piping design.
The role will be located in North-West Bristol, 2 minutes drive off the M4 / M5 junction
Candidates should have multi-discipline layout design experience (experience in 2 or more of mechanical, piping, hvac, electrical / cable tray, structural steelwork) as well as 5+ years experience with PDMS and AutoCAD and have experience of work on plant layout for large construction / build projects (e.g. large structures, power stations, large office buildings, ships, oil and gas plants, ect).
The CAD Leader is responsible for creating the PDMS-3D model and produces 2D and 3D deliverables based on the input data provided and in accordance to the applicable design procedures and instructions.
He/she is assigned to one of the buildings on the nuclear island and will be responsible for coordinating the CAD activities within the team.
- Coordinating activities of CAD designers in the team in accordance with requests from the Civil/Layout Engineers
- Creating and modifying of the PDMS 3D-Model, by modelling
- components and equipments,
- civil structure,
- pipe lines,
- HVAC ducts and components,
- Electrical cable trays, boxes and cabinets
- according to the input data and drawings provided and ensuring that the tractability is maintained throughout the model.
- Carrying out layout engineering (positioning of equipment, pipe routings etc.), ensuring that the Layout Rules are correctly followed
- When requests for changes are issued by the various engineering teams, he/she incorporates the changes into the 3D model, having checked their technical consistency.
- In the event of any technical problems or deviations, informs the Building Layout/Civil Leader, offers technical advice and makes corrections to the 3D model. Produces 2D drawings associated with layout engineering (general layout drawing division into fire safety zones, etc.).
- Performing of 2D-3D-Checks (3D-Model check against P&ID, Single line diagrams etc.)
- Performing component introduction, installation or maintenance simulations; preparing layout studies.
Knowldege, Skills and Experience
- Mechanical engineering technician OR higher education
- Design office experience – Knowledge of several areas of engineering (pipework, electricity, civil engineering, etc.)
- PDMS and/or Auto-CAD experience
- Experience in the nuclear sector
Knowledge and technical skills:
Good knowledge and understanding of general layout rules.
Knowledge of the technical constraints associated with plant layout / plant design.
Knows how to deal with design and layout constraints.
Software and tools: Good knowledge of PDMS software (3D) and/or Autocad 2D (or knowledge in similar 3D, 2D software application).
For the right candidate, or client can offer a salary of up to £48000 along with an excellent benefits package, as well as the opportunity to become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.