US$100000.00 - US$120000.00 per annum
12 days ago
Power Distribution Engineer/ Project Engineer (Power Design, Instrumentation & Controls)
Location: Houston, TX, US
Morson International is currently recruiting for a Power Distribution/Project Engineer specializing in Power distribution and Instrumentation and controls to join a leading company in the construction sector, this role is best suited to a Power Distribution Engineer who has experience in working with Water projects. This is a fantastic opportunity to broaden experience and work in several different sectors e.g. aviation lighting systems, seaport container terminals and municipal water projects.
The hiring company has a global reach with corporate roots extending back hundreds of years and operational experience in over 150 countries.
The company is looking for a Power Distribution/ Project Engineer, to join their team in Houston, with specialized experience in design of power distribution systems, medium voltage switchgear, motor control centers, instrumentation and controls, SCADA and automation, telemetry and communications, standby power and automatic transfer systems, and development of load and fault current calculations, power flow models, and short circuit analysis.
The Power Distribution/ Project Engineer will be involved in the design and construction management of municipal water facilities, seaport container terminals, mass transit systems, aviation lighting systems, and industrial facilities for regional public and private clients.
* Manage and oversee development technical plans and specifications, ensure NEC code compliance, and routinely coordination with client and other disciplines in support of project completion.
* Take ownership of relevant project delivery elements (cost, schedule, quality, information, contracts and customer satisfaction).
* Manage project design development from conception through completion (both large and small) in accordance with program objectives.
* Manage budgets, schedules, scope development, design and construction contracts, documents, procedures and controls for assigned projects
* Ensure coordination between electrical, communications and other disciplines for all activities being performed as designs evolve.
* Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology.
* Registered as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Texas candidate must be licensed by exam.
* 5+ of professional experience in designing power distribution systems, medium voltage switchgear, motor control centers, instrumentation and controls, SCADA and automation, telemetry and communications, standby power and automatic transfer systems.
* Experience in development of load and fault current calculations, power flow models, and short circuit analysis electrical short-circuit analysis using ETAP or EasyPower modeling software. Ideally experience in Arc Flash analysis.
* Design experience in one or more of the following: municipal water facilities, seaport container terminals, mass transit systems, aviation lighting systems, and industrial facilities.
* Must possess a solid background in the development of technical plans and specifications and clear understanding of the National Electrical Code (NEC)
* Solid understanding of engineering design documentation development (plans, sections, details, equipment schedules, bill of materials, control diagrams, system architecture diagrams, and CSI formatted technical specifications).