Power BI Developer
IT and Digital
£400 - £450 per annum
0161 707 1516
24 days ago
Power BI Developer
My client seeks 2 Power BI Developers to join a growing team in an expanding function. You will create and manage BI and analytics solutions that turn data in knowledge enhancing the business intelligence systems to help them make better decisions. Note, this role is fully remote at present.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Manage and run business workshops and 121's to understand the business report, dashboard and data requirements.
- Development of exciting and innovative dashboards and reports for business use across all of the UK businesses and functions using PowerBI
- Integrate with key programmes and work streams as required.
- Agree and manage functional reporting requirements ensuring that critical business information is available in a timely and accurate manner.
- Capture, triage and delivery of the UK business requirements through process analysis, initial solution design through to delivery.
- Support the UK businesses to adopt common processes and common toolsets.
- Dashboard design, development and deployment
- Feed into project management tasks as required including estimating work packages and business interaction.
- Development of analytics reports and dashboards for business consumption.
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions (e.g. reporting tools)
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting of developed solutions.
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems and suggest improvements.
- Collaborate with teams to integrate systems
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects
- Develop and update technical documentation as required.
- Strong background of dashboard and reports requirements capture, design and development.
- Able to translate business requirements into documented designs and solutions.
- Dashboard and report development using Power BI
- BI requirements capture and translation from requirement to delivery
- Broad experience of a number of reporting tools - Power BI and Cognos Analytics
- Broad experience of data modelling and report design and development
- Ability to be able to deliver training material, process briefings, requirements capture, etc. to small and large audiences.
- Proven experience as a BI Developer or Data Scientist
- Recognise the importance that data and data integrity play in managing a business and the tools that support the process.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to create SQL queries
- Indepth understanding of data management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP and ETL) framework
- Knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS