Up to £9.00 per hour
Vital Bristol Technology
about 1 year ago
Our client is an integrated facilities management services who provide the solutions, support, and facilities management services and they are looking for a Post Room Assistant to be based in Maidenhead
The operative will need to be able to work well as part of a team or their own initiative in a challenging customer-facing environment where a flexible approach is required coupled with the ability to promote excellent customer service.
The position is very customer facing and involves daily interaction with customers, employees and suppliers. A high degree of expertise in communication and customer focus is required to ensure a professional and efficient support function.
- Manage stock levels of stationary. Order stationery and dispatch as required.
- Update and ensure stationery records are managed accordingly for recharging
- Coordinate all mail handling operations within the site, including receiving, sorting and distributing all incoming and internal mail and despatching all outgoing mail.
- Ensure collection, receipt and onward delivery of recorded and registered mail and other couriered items as appropriate
- Send out emails to inform owners of arrival of parcels/mail for collection from the Post room
- Coordinate delivery and collection of parcels, packages, goods and other miscellaneous items to and from multiple site locations, including recording such items for future use, disposal and/or safe storage
- Tracking post and parcels and ensure records are kept up to date
- Liaise with sub-contractors to book courier services
- Collection of confirmation of delivery / receipt of such goods in accordance with written instructions
- Communicate with customers face-to-face and/or over the telephone to ensure a professional and polite service delivery
- Conduct all work tasks in a safe, secure and clean manner, ensuring that contract and site rules and procedures are adhered to at all times
- Provide reception coverage as and when required
- Arrangethe recycling of printer/toner cartridges/batteries for recycling
- Manage loan equipment's and ensure they are returned on time.
- Undertake Safety Observation Reporting and Housekeeping Audits
- Provide services such as printing, binding, laminating & scanning
- Attendance of toolbox talks
- Issue phones and other IT equipment ordered under the "Phone Reward Scheme" and log onto the system so that any queries can be traced
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- An understanding of current Health and Safety regulations.
- Good IT skills including Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Maintain a smart appearance and adhere to uniform standards
- Must be punctual.
- Flexible, proactive and with attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Use of own initiative
- Personable, approachable and able to work as part of a team
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise
- Be able to work unsupervised or within a small team, with a 'can do' attitude
- Good level of health and fitness
- Contribute to and promote the One Team culture
8.360 - 17.30
30/05/18 - 29/06/18
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.