Our client are a multinational electric utility company, which operates in the fields of electricity generation and distribution, natural gas, nuclear and renewable energy.
They are currently recruiting for a Porter in Wakefield starting ASAP until mid September.
To provide an effective, responsive materials management service of a routine and non
routine nature throughout the hospital, ensuring a high quality image and standards
established within the department are maintained.
To work under the direction of the Stores Supervisor delivering an efficient and effective materials management service. The Logistics Porter will be trained in all tasks within the Stores. Duties will be allocated within the following groupings of tasks. Goods Yard, Delivery to Wards/Departments, Goods Receipt Point, Goods Receiving, Provisioning and Housekeeping. Fork Lift Driving is for Authorised Personnel only after completion of an approved Training Course
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To undertake the receipt of goods within the Goods Yard, ensuring the appropriate process and procedures are adhered to, using the trust Cedar system for booking goods in
2. To utilise a Fork Lift in their daily duties (authorised drivers only).
3. To operate motorised Tugs in carrying out their daily duties.
4. Collect dirty laundry and waste from designated areas in basement and will transport to Service Yard for uplift.
5. Responsible for reporting incidents requiring pest control and supporting and assisting the cleaning and maintenance tasks involved with pest control.
6. Responsible for the delivery/collection of goods to wards and departments as scheduled and directed.
7. Support the Stores Supervisor with the maintenance of Central Stores.
8. Responsible for the transfer of stock received at the Goods Yard to their required location.
9. To identify any discrepancies with deliveries and to highlight these to the Stores Supervisor.
10. Responsible, under the direction of the Stores Supervisor, for the return of goods to the supplier where appropriate.
11. Responsible for, on occasion, the taking down and re-hanging of curtains.
12. Duties will include the use of industrial cleaning equipment.
13. Responsible for wall washing as part of barrier cleaning.
14. To raise stock provisions, handle stock picking and pick checks and handle stock returns.
15. Responsible for the handling out of hours and out of schedule stock requests.
16. Responsible for handling stock returns and stock relocation.
17. Support and participate in stock checks.
18. To comply with Health and Safety guidelines.
19. To have an understanding of the operation of the department to assist in its smooth running and enable them to prioritise workload.
20. To ensure the Central Stores and Goods Yard are locked up at the end of the day.
1. To undertake mandatory training as appropriate to the job.
2. Training will be given in:
● Fork Lift Training
● Motorised Tugs
● Use of industrial cleaning equipment
● Manual handling
● Health and Safety and COSHH
● Fire safety
● Use of mechanical equipment
● Cedar system on computer
1. To support training practice, in particular in relation to new staff.
2. On occasion, to have a member of staff shadow them to assist in their induction and general orientation into the department or service.
Resources and Finance
1. To ensure equipment is stored and maintained in a clean and tidy condition.
2. Report the need for equipment, structural and fabric repairs.
3. Assist with stock replenishment for wards/departments.
1. To communicate with clinical staff, managers and supervisors on a daily basis within the allocated area of responsibility.
2. To respond to patient and visitor queries and refer if necessary.
The post holder may be required to undertake any other duties commensurate with their knowledge and experience.
The post holder may be required to work a range of shifts, including bank holidays.
This job description is not an exhaustive list. It is also subject to change in light of service developments and in consultation with the post holder and his/her manager.
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.