City of London, London
£45000.00 - £46000 per annum + negotiable
4 months ago
Morson is proud to be the recruitment partner for The Low Carbon Contracts Company as they embark upon a large and varied recruitment campaign.
The Low Carbon Contracts Company (LCCC) and the Electricity Settlements Company (ESC) sit at the heart of the delivery of the UK's goals for secure, affordable and sustainable electricity. Run as a private, not for profit limited company, the LCCC primarily provides the mechanism behind Contracts for Difference (CfD) - a contract introduced by the government to incentivise investment in secure, low-carbon electricity.
By enabling smaller low-carbon generators to gain entry through long-term revenue stabilisation, the LCCC plays a pivotal part in the UK's Energy Market Reform, the biggest change to the electricity market since privatisation.
3 years from its inception and having met short term objectives, they look now to move to the next strategic phase and are investing significantly in the workforce and are now looking to recruit a Policy and Economic Analyst to contribute towards ongoing success
The Policy and Insights team has a central role in the delivery of our new company strategy to become a Centre of Expertise and Trusted Advisor in Scheme Management.
The Policy & Economic Analyst will support the Policy and Insights team in its role to:
- Track, understand and communicate electricity market developments and policy evolutions
- Track, understand and communicate the impacts of policy and regulatory change on the business and the schemes it manages
- Identify and produce analysis and insights that will help deliver the company's strategy, namely to be an independent Centre of Expertise and Trusted Advisor on Scheme Delivery, and inform company positions on future policy design and development
- Work closely with the Data Analytics team to help build its capacity and capability to support the delivery analysis and insight
- Identify useful existing and new data sources and help organise and use analytical and data visualization technics to help identify and communicate trends, valuable insights and to help form LCCC company positions on energy sector policy and emerging trends
- Support other business units in the delivery of their functions, specifically scheme management, business development and change management.
- Understanding of the UK energy regulatory environment and market design with operational insight
- Well-developed qualitative and quantitative research skills with the ability to extract and analyse relevant data to make sound judgements
- Producing detailed reports and presentations to clearly present findings
- Highly effective communication skills; articulate and able to communicate complex findings effectively at all levels and visually
- The ability to build productive working relationships and work within and across different teams
Highly desirable experience:
- Advanced skills in PowerPoint or other presentation tools
- Experienced in PowerBI or similar data visualisation tools
- Intermediate modelling skills and understanding of system dynamics
- Experience in developing and deploying cost benefit analysis / impact assessments
- Knowledge of design and use of infographics
- Knowledge of document publication
- Knowledge in website management
Shortlisting dates are secured throughout August so please apply as soon as you are able. Further information can be found here https://www.morson.com/low-carbon-contracts-company-careers