Katie Robson Hill
5 days ago
Atlas Elektronik UK
Morson International are currently recruiting for a PMO Planner on a permanent basis, with an ambitious and innovative business in the maritime industry, based in Dorset.
The PMO Planner will play an integral role in the UK Project Management Office, supporting the divisional and project management community in the monitoring and controlling of projects in order to deliver to time, cost, and quality.
- Creation and maintenance of Microsoft Project plans, working with the project teams to ensure estimates and forecasts are correct and published frequently.
- Scheduling of all project activities to produce an integrated project plan with a critical path, update as required, and report potential problems/problem areas to the Project Manager/Work Package Manager for action.
- Maintenance of a project baseline and change control log in order to report on cost and schedule variances to the Project Manager on a monthly basis, with suggestions for corrective actions.
- Support to the work package manager in raising change requests, performing scenario analysis in the schedule, and implementing changes.
- Ensure the work package documents are prepared, approved, and reviewed frequently with the work package manager.
- Support the Project Manager with Risk, Issues, and Opportunities management ensuring the various registers are reviewed and updated frequently with the project teams.
- Support the Project Managers in the creation and maintenance of Earned Value Management reporting.
- Support the preparation of the Project Review data in support of the project, divisional and board level reviews and attend where necessary.
- Support to continuous business improvement initiatives from the implementation of project management standards across the project community, to the implementation of changes to project management reporting and toolsets.
You will ideally have;
- A proven track record at managing complex engineering projects which have included design, development, production and support with full Earned Value Management reporting experience
- A strong individual who will ensure that best planning practice is always adhered to.
- A sound understanding of the Project Management lifecycle and reporting tools / principles.
- A sound understanding of Earned Value Management principles with practical application.
- An appreciation of the Commercial and Financial aspects within the project environment.
- Advanced Microsoft office, Excel, and Microsoft Project skills.
- The ability to challenge project managers and contribute to process and reporting improvements.
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics AX within a project environment would be advantageous.
- Knowledge and/or experience of the DE&S Project Control (Earned Value Management Requirements) user guide would be advantageous.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and project delivery focussed.
- Ability to work unsupervised, under own initiative, with the drive to influence and improve project reporting and performance.
- Prepared to multi-task and work flexibly to achieve deadlines.
- Ability to interpret technical, engineering and operational issues and relate these back to delivery implications.
- Ability to challenge forecasts, identify, and highlight conflicts of data.
- Ability to work in a team and to develop an empathy with colleagues, understanding their roles and priorities.
Candidates must hold or be able to achieve the required level of security clearance.