Up to £0.00 per annum
3 months ago
Morson International are recruiting for a PMO Planner on a permanent basis to work in the maritime defence industry. Based in Dorset, our client develop, supply and support cutting-edge maritime technology for customers worldwide.
Within this position you will play an integral role within the Project Management Office, supporting the divisional and project management community in the monitoring and controlling of projects in order to deliver to time, cost and quality.
The key responsibilities include:
- Creation and maintenance of Microsoft Project plans
- Scheduling of all project activities to produce an integrated project plan with a critical path, update as required, and report potential problems/problem areas to the Project Manager/Work Package Manager for action.
- Maintenance of a project baseline and change control log in order to report on cost and schedule variances to the Project Manager on a monthly basis, with suggestions for corrective actions.
- Support to the work package manager in raising change requests, performing scenario analysis in the schedule, and implementing changes.
- Support the Project Manager with Risk, Issues, and Opportunities management ensuring the various registers are reviewed and updated frequently with the project teams.
- Support the Project Managers in the creation and maintenance of Earned Value Management reporting.
- Support the preparation of the Project Review data in support of the project, divisional and board level reviews and attend where necessary.
What we are looking for in you:
- A proven track record at managing complex engineering projects which have included design, development, production and support with full Earned Value Management reporting experience.
- A strong individual who will ensure that best planning practice is always adhered to.
- A sound understanding of the Project Management lifecycle and reporting tools / principles.
- A sound understanding of Earned Value Management principles with practical application.
- Advanced Microsoft office, Excel, and Microsoft Project skills.
- The ability to challenge project managers and contribute to process and reporting improvements.
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics AX within a project environment would be advantageous.
- Knowledge and/or experience of the DE&S Project Control (Earned Value Management Requirements) user guide would be advantageous.