£300.00 - £340.00 per day
7 months ago
Job Title - PMO Analyst
Location - Bristol
Duration - 6 months
Rate - £300-£340 per day
The Defence Cyber Protection Partnership (DCPP) is a joint Ministry of Defence (MOD) / Industry initiative formally established in 2013 as part of the Defence Suppliers' Forum's directive to improve the protection of the defence supply chain from cyber threat.
In support of this initiative, the company has a programme of works to deliver technical solutions and related policies and processes as part of a continuous improvement programme to achieve strategic goals.
Working as part of a high impact team, you will be a self-motivated and innovative individual expected to deliver quality outputs within aggressive time scales, working collaboratively and building close relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders.
* Support the project managers in delivering projects using the in-house project management tools following industry defined methodologies
* Manage your own time, prioritisation of workload and effective communication of appropriate issues and escalations
* Must display a can-do attitude, a pragmatic perspective and a willingness to take ownership of tasks and actions
* Demonstrable attention to detail, thoroughness and commitment to quality/accountability of own output
* Provide practical advice, guidance and quality assurance across all projects within the programme, ensuring that the project management methodology is adhered too
* Support & facilitate resource meetings and relevant programme/project governance forums
* Document and progress IT Risks, Issues and Action items
* Experience of configuring, monitoring, and reporting Earned Value (EVM) advantageous
* Maintain a Master Project Schedule, providing input into capacity and budget management.
Completely understands and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, and concepts.
* Problem Solving:
Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems referring to established precedents and policies.
Receives general direction for work that is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Participates in determining objectives of assignment plans, schedules, and arranges own activities to accomplish those objectives.
Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives typically have a serious effect upon the administration of the organization.
Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
* Previous experience of working within a PMO, working to industry recognised methodologies such as PMI and PRINCE2
* Highly competent in using MS Project & the MS Office products
* Experience of working with Microsoft Project Server
* Project Management background a recognised project management accreditation would be advantageous
* Demonstrable experience of working with staff upto board level, comfortable with conducting presentations and running meetings
* Exposure to the Full project life Cycle - Waterfall & Agile Methodologies
* ITIL knowledge would be advantageous