£35.66 - £40.00 per hour
about 1 month ago
PLM Engineers will be key contributors to integrating our processes, data, technology and people to deliver enhanced Product Lifecycle Management in our Clients' Global Combat Ship (GCS) multi-programme environment, which includes several Combatant programmes.
AT THE COAL FACE TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analysing and capturing business requirements to deliver PLM enhancements through engagement with key stakeholders.
- Ensuring the PLM approach satisfies relevant business functional stakeholders, such as engineering, production planning and manufacturing.
- Analysing stakeholder processes to support PLM enhancements.
- Specifying requirements for our Product Data Management (PDM) system and ERP interface.
- Embracing a world-class PLM approach, both internally and externally (focussed on benefits in improved quality, cost and schedule).
- Resolving information and process issues relating to design, production planning and manufacture.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Seasoned in the PLM processes and capturing requirements.
- Skilled in improving the use of CAD/PLM/PDM/ERP toolsets e.g. PTC / Siemens toolsets (Windchill / TeamCenter), Aveva ERM etc.
- Understanding of product information management principles & configuration.
- Information management in complex engineering and manufacturing environments.
- Product configuration management across multiple variants is preferable.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK PLM ENGINEERS WHO HAVE WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO ARE CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)