3 months ago
Platform Integration Manager
Duration: 6 Months
Pay Rate: Negotiable
A vacancy exists for a Platform Integration Manager (PIM) to deliver and verify a fully integrated Naval Combat System. The PIM is to then successfully evidence the project to the Naval Authority Group. The role holder is to develop and implement strategies for the installation and full integration of Combat Systems into a shipbuilder; and be the focus for all the integration activities and one of the prime points of contact with the shipbuilder and the client.
The PIM will lead and verify the integration of Command, Navigation, Communication, Weapon, and Sensor Systems.
- Develop the product's Integration Strategy, highlight any trade-offs and cost drivers, streamline activities, and optimise costs.
- Compare the current Combat System Integration (CSI) approach performed by European suppliers with that defined by DEF-STAN 21-88.
- Define and scope the approach to platform integration for the product.
- Identify dependencies on the whole ship integration requirements.
- Develop the strategy that will apply for the CSI aspects of the product.
- Aid the development of the cost model for CSI and platform integration activities in support of product design.
- Develop an integration solution for a non-RN customer.
- Develop win themes for a client solution.
- Liaison with the engineering design teams across the client's various European businesses, developing the product to support the development of the integration
Proven ability in:
- Engineering Project Management.
- Systems Engineering Management:
- Defining the use of Systems Engineering tools,
- and metric-based Quality Assurance & Control.
- Engineering Safety Management (in the context of architectural design).
- Naval Combat System Integration (in particular DEF STAN 21-88) and equipment types.
- Sound knowledge of combat systems deployed in UK maritime fleet, with detailed knowledge of at least one combat system equipment.Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining a UK MOD Security Clearance (SC level minimum).
Additional Security Information
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining a UK MOD Security Clearance (SC level minimum).