Up to £11.02 per hour + Holiday Pay
Sam Mabbott B.Soc Sci
5 months ago
Temp to Perm
Our client is urgently looking for a number of Plater / Welders to work on a temp to perm basis at their site in Heanor in Derbyshire.
The main duties of the role will be:
* To carry out Plating and Welding duties under the direct instruction of the Team Leader to meet cost and delivery targets.
* To identify and, where possible, offer solutions to fabrication issues.
* Ensure that best practices in relation to Health Safety & Environmental are adhered to at all times.
* Wherever possible assist all members of the Company including engineering in the continual development.
* Where reasonable travel to site and carry out assembly work in support of the Company and ultimately the customers' requirements.
3. SUPERVISION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Lead by example on matters of Health Safety & Environmental, Welfare and codes of conduct.
* Identify and suggest areas of improvement within the fabrication role.
* Work under his/her own initiative and on occasion may be expected to guide and/or supervise staff.
* Work to attain optimum performance within the Production Department and associated areas of responsibility.
* Ensure that the Production Manager and Team Leader are informed of major developments and/or problems within the Fabrication Team, its supply chain and customers.
* For information on signature authorisations that may be applicable to this role, please refer to Departmental Operating Instructions held within the Official Documentation Directory.
The successful candidate will be:
* Able to work with Thicknesses of gauge - 3mm to 20mm, Mild Steel, Stainless, Cromweld & Chromalloy.
* Competent in welding mainly MIG with TIG an advantage
* Two years' experience in a plating or welding role
* Evidence of previous welding training or qualifications
* Formal coded welding qualifications
+ City & Guilds qualification or equivalent.