11 months ago
Plant Process Engineer
Long term contract
Morson International is proud to be working alongside a renowned Nuclear fuel company operating several uranium enrichment plants across Europe and the United States ultimately supplying nuclear power stations in about 15 countries.
Due to their overall successful and project demand, they are now seeking an experienced Plant Process Engineer to embark on a long term contract within their new build plant.
The plant itself has been formed to design, build, commission and operate the first Tails Deconversion Facility within the Group. The project is now in the commissioning phase and the role required is to support the plant through early life operation.
Reporting to the client's Senior Technologist, the initial focus for the successful candidate will be to:
- Work with Inactive and Active Commissioning to ensure the plant is, as far as possible, configured to support start-up.
- Improve the performance of the Control, Trip and Plant Data Systems, in preparation for Active Commissioning. This to be achieved through in Inactive Commissioning activities.
- Prepare systems for monitoring the behaviour of the plant on initial start-up.
- Provide front line trouble shooting support to the Operating team
- Oversee and co-ordinate the Plant modification process for this area, ensuring actions are progressed through to satisfactory completion and the number of open actions is kept under control
- Plan, develop and oversee plant trials
- Maintain plant technical metrics so that a common understanding of the performance of the plant is achieved and maintained
- Set-up and operate processes to drive improvement in plant safety and production metrics
Successful applicants are expected to hold a degree or equivalent engineering qualification in Chemical Engineering.