car + bonus
3 months ago
Job Title: Plant Manager
Company: International Manufacturing business
Location: South Wales
Salary: Competitive Salary + Excellent benefit package inc. Car, Bonus, Healthcare and strong pension.
Morson have partnered with an internationally recognised family owned manufacturing business. This business lives and breathes a strong set of corporate values and are one of the fastest growing and most respected brands within their field.
Based out of their world class facility in South Wales, they are looking for a talented and proven Plant Manager to insight positive change, organise and lead all activities and resources on site such as manufacturing, daily operations, daily services, cost control and people management.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the production of the required daily/weekly/monthly targets in line with customer specifications, meeting quality and delivery expectations, minimising costs where possible.
- Champion a "safety first" culture throughout the plant in line with the highest possible HSE standards.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement, to set a 'lean thinking' mindset to aid and improve operational performance.
- Manage, coach, and develop a high performing multidisciplinary team that meets agreed objectives, and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
- Championing business values in leading site and people development, driving training and engagement programmes.
- Closely collaborate with central service departments external to the plant (HR, Finance, Sales, Marketing, Procurement, Product Development, Process Development & Industrial Performance to communicate changing requirements in terms of company policies, procedures, customers, product and process development, changes in legislation and so on
- Develop and implement strategies to achieve medium- and long-term future success of the plant taking into account likely market conditions
Business Knowledge and technical Skills;
- Proven track record of management in a continuous manufacturing process and in complex environments
- Educated to Degree level in Engineering, Business or manufacturing or a related field (Desirable but not essential)
- Ability to drive positive change and growth in a multifaceted organisational structure
- Flexible, ability to 'think on your feet' and make sound pragmatic decisions in a challenging environment
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with the ability to influence at all levels
- Competent of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and people management)
- Computer literacy - MS Office, Excel, Word
This organisation prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long-term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please send your CV for more details. Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 21 days of application you have not been successful on this occasion.