£25000.00 - £58000.00 per annum + excellent benefits
5 months ago
Role: Plant Layout / Routing Engineer with Multi-Discipline (expereicne in at least 2 of Structural / Electrical/HVAC/C&I/ Piping) layout experience - UK Nuclear New Build, Bristol
Location: Bristol, 2 minutes drive off of M4 / M5 junction
Salary: £25000 - 58000 + excellent benefits
Start: September 2018 onwards
An exciting opportunity exists for a Plant Layout Engineer or other suitably qualified / experienced professional with experience in general layout projects / plant layout for the nuclear or other 'heavy' industry to work as a Plant Layout Engineer for our prestigious nucelar industry client in helping to design the next fleet of nuclear power stations in the UK. Multi-disciplinary experience (at least 2 of Structural/Electrical/C&I/HVAC/ Piping) is required for this role, (i.e. not just piping)
This role will be based at the client's office in Bristol close to the M4/M5 junction
The role will be less of a design role, instead one that will largely consist of being responsible for reviewing / assessing changes coming in and determining their influence on the (design of the) plant, and writing reports to detail these assessments / findings.
The ideal candidate for the Layout Engineer role would be an experienced engineer with a background in several relevant engineering disciplines (i.e. mechanical, electrical, civil, HVAC, structural, steelwork).
Key knowledge / experience for the role will include:
- Excellent Plant Layout experience
- Experience in modifications, studies, space management
- Interfacing with different entities.
Prior Nucelar Industry experience would be advantageous but is not essential
The client is therefore looking for strong technical competence (i.e. understanding and experience) for assessment of changes, calculations, justification of design etc. (i.e. someone who can demonstrate they know what they are talking about, and can do this confidently and easily). In addition, they will be looking for someone who will be a good long-term fit within the team .
The role has been further detailed as follows:
The Plant Layout Engineer assists the building leader in the technical coordination, production and monitoring of layout engineering studies for one or more buildings by proposing technical solutions.
General Layout Engineering
- Receives the input data for the layout engineering of the building (Process & Instrumentation Diagrams, equipment data, cable list, electrical load list, etc.), analyses them and verifies their technical consistency.
- Carries out layout engineering or makes proposals to improve the layout.
- Lays out the various mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Design the pipes, HVAC ducts and electrical cable trays in the 3D model.
- Carries out an initial check of the consistency between the process & instrumentation diagrams and the 3D model.
- Writes the related technical documents (progress reports, equipment introduction note, change impact analysis, design procedures, etc.).
- Issues the layout drawings to the various teams and coordinates their layout activities by ensuring compliance with the layout rules.
Progress Monitoring and Change Management
- Manages and monitors the modifications requested by the various engineering teams.
- Anticipates and raises alerts on open technical points.
- Regularly carries out layout engineering reviews (with all the engineering teams involved).
- Prepares a regular status report on the model in the light of the latest input data.
Education / Qualifications
- Experienced Mechanical, civil, structural or systems Engineer - either degree-qualified or possessing suitable level of other relevant experience
- Good knowledge and understanding of general layout rules for an industrial project.
Nuclear industry knowledge / experience would be useful but is not essential
For the right candidate, our client can offer a competitive salary + excellent benefits including pension, holidays, healthcare, dental, etc, and the opportunity to become part of a respected and ambitious company at the forefront of the UK nucelar industry with excellent future career development and advancement prospects and international opportunities